Pages

Jewellery designer by education, innate creative and fashionista for sake. Born in Portugal, jumped from Barcelona to Milan, and for now living and working in Copenhagen. Inspired by art, photography, beauty and gastronomy. frenchlittlething@gmail.com

30 July 2013

These shoes were made for walking

With my new slippers I will walk towards my holidays. Finally I'm leaving Milan for my much awaited holidays !
These slippers are actually called "Friulane", they are also known for the gondoliers shoes. They were born at the end of the Second World War, ​​in the countryside region near Venice, using waste materials such as old bicycle tires and old cloths. They were a low cost option to the expensive leather shoes.
I bought these "friulane" in one of the last few places in Venice were you will be assure to buy the artisanal ones. The store is called Gianni Dittura and it opened in 1948.
Mr.Dittura was nice and kind while helping me to find the right "friulane".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow french little Thing

Blog Archive